Edgar Lee Dwyer was a traveling poet in the late 1990s who rose to fame as the suspected “Melancholy Killer,” a serial killer who murdered nine people across the country. Twenty years after his arrest, he was found murdered following a prison riot. Can you solve the mystery of the Melancholy Killer?
- Eye for Detail: Especially close reading of the evidence
- Red Herrings: Information meant to muddy the case
- Plentiful Puzzles: Puzzles that require critical reading or creating a timeline
- Challenging Ciphers: At least one challenging code or cipher
- Self-Guided: Explore the story without being directed
In this story by Peter Gillespie (America’s Most Wanted), a convicted serial killer mysteriously leaves you his belongings after being murdered in prison. Thousands of people believed he was innocent, and as protests erupt around the country, it is up to you to solve the mystery of the Melancholy Killer.
- In this all-in-one box, you’ll examine the life of Edward Lee Dwyer and the prison riot that led to his death. Enjoy 5-7 hours of gameplay, no subscription required.
- Solve puzzles, examine clues, and decrypt ciphers to unveil the truth about the coast-to-coast murders.
- The Melancholy Killer’s personal briefcase will be delivered to your door. Examine official prison documents and other personal belongings from the hands of the serial killer.
This box is perfect for:
- The true crime fanatic who questions everything they read.
- A unique gift for the sleuth who has everything.
- Group investigations on date night or game night.
Do you have what it takes to Hunt A Killer? Immersive, story-driven board games for you to play alone or cooperatively. Sort through evidence, decode ciphers, piece together clues, and catch the killer.
Number of Players: 1-5 Players
Playing Time: 5-7 hours